In continuation to my previous article on Yogas:
Slokas 14 to 18 of Phaladeepika mentions about Yogas based upon mutual disposition of Sun, Moon and Jupiter.
Mahabhagya Yoga: This yoga is defined separately for both male and female as per which the following four conditions should be addressed in the chart of a male:
- The birth should be falling in daytime, specifically between the Sunrise and Sunset.
- The Ascendant sign (Lagna rashi) should be odd i.e. the birth should be falling in Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius or Aquarius Ascendant.
- The Sun should be placed in odd signs (Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius or Aquarius)
- And, the Moon should also be placed in odd signs.
In case of female horoscope, the following conditions should be fulfilled:
- The birth time should be falling in night, specifically after Sunset and before Sunrise.
- The Ascendant sign (Lagna rashi) should be even i.e. the birth should be falling in Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces Ascendant.
- Both the Sun and the Moon should be placed in even zodiac (rashi)
Results: The person (Male) born with Mahabhagya Yoga will be pleasant and good looking in appearance. He will be kind and pure at heart; will be famous and fortunate; and, will own lands. Female born with Mahabhagya Yoga will bear good character and high moral values; will be very fortunate and wealthy; and, will have the happiness from husband, sons and grandsons.
Gaj Kesari Yoga: If the Moon is in Kendra (angular position) from the Jupiter in a horoscope (Lagna Chart); it will generate Kesari Yoga (also known as Gaj Kesari Yoga).